Having a white kitchen is a dream for many people. When renovation, of especially kitchens, is being considered, white is one of the most popular choices for many homeowners. It is timeless and provides elegant touch. It brightens the space, adds simplicity and freshness. Its combination is also very easy with other colors. In this article, we are going to focus on some of the advantages and disadvantages of having a predominantly white kitchen.
Main advantages include but not limited to:
- The color white is always trendy. It is a classic in home designs. If you want a kitchen that will be fashionable for years, white is the best color to count on.
- It adds freshness and brightness to the room décor. Having a white dominated kitchen creates the illusion to expand your space. With the brightness and light reflections, your kitchen seems larger than it normally is.
- With the reflection of light transferred across your kitchen, white becomes an ideal color for especially spaces that are darker and smaller. And if you use a polished finished, the shine will add up to the reflective power.
- White is a color that you can combine with almost any other colors. This enables you to have versatility in terms of the décor and renovation. If you want to renovate, for example, a faucet, you do not have to worry about the color since white can be combined with almost any colors.
- With small touches/differences, you can turn your kitchen into having many different styles of design. With small changes, you can have a modern-industrial look or a more classic one as well as have an elegant space or a more relaxing area with touch of different colors or materials.
Main disadvantages include but not limited to:
- As one of the biggest problems with all light colors, white kitchens may need more time to spend on cleaning since the stains become more visible in white color. In order to keep your kitchen spotless, you may need to put more effort and time than darker colors. This is probably the most important disadvantage of having a white kitchen. If you really want to have a white kitchen but do not have time to spend on cleaning, you can choose a surface that includes a certain design or pattern which will enable to hide the stains to a certain degree. Instead of choosing an all-white countertop, natural stone like designs, like marble, would be more advantageous. It is also easier to clean spaces that have polished finishes.
- The color white can also be seen to have a nonchalant and cold wave for some people who are into warmer and more earthy tones. However, you can solve this problem by adding warmer items or elements into your kitchen. Having warmer colors complimenting your white kitchen will give a welcoming appeal. Using gold, copper, marbled designs or even wood-like decors can instantly turn your kitchen into a warmer space that everyone can enjoy.
- For some, all white can be boring. So if you think your all white kitchen is missing something but you do not just want to add a few colors, you can also try having two-toned kitchen. This gives a more modern look. You can use a lighter color for the main countertops and a darker color for the island or you can also alter the colors of your upper and lower cabinets and create a variety in between.
As one of the leading wholesale natural stone suppliers, Terra Granite offers a vast variety of products that guarantees you to find the perfect match for your dream project. For more information on the color scales, material options and key pointers, you can visit our local store in Houston, Texas.