Quartz is one of the best and most popular options when it comes to choosing the right material for countertops. It can be used in various areas including both in residential as well as commercial spaces. In this article, we will talk about the most important aspects that you need to know about quartz.
First of all, what is quartz?
Unlike other natural stones such as quartzite or granite, quartz is an engineered material. A slab of quartz is made of approximately 93% crushed ground quartz, which can be described as a crystal-like mineral that occurs naturally, mixed with 7% resin in order to create an exceptionally strong surface that can be compared to granite in various ways.
Quartz is man-made
and its designs can be created in different variety of patterns and colors. The
designs often include an imitated look of more expensive natural stones. The
possibilities are endless to fit your desired look. It can include solid
colors, feature veined, fine or coarse grain patterns. Some even include
fragments of quartz crystals, which create a shimmering effect on the surface.
If you are looking for shades on white surface, Calacatta Oro Quartz or Bianco Venatino Quartz from Terra Granite can be the perfect options to meet your expectstions. Calacatta Oro has an off white background with long veins of light gold whereas Bianco Venatino offers a white background with small black veins throughout the slab, which gives it a real natural look.
Pros of quartz
Quartz is one of the best options that you can use especially for your countertops for multiple reasons:
- Durability: Quartz is one of the most durable and strong materials. Moreover, it is scratch- free and can endure a kitchen that is used heavily. Quartz has the highest resistance against stains, scratching and impact; making it perfect for countertops.
- Stain-free: Quartz is more resistant to stains when compared to natural stones that are not properly sealed. This makes it perfect for busy used places such as kitchen countertops.
- Cost: Quartz prices are usually around the range of mid-level granite. Having a quality material on a budget is always a crowd pleaser especially if you have a large area to cover.
- Variety: Since it is man-made, the possibilities are almost endless. This makes it easier for you to find the perfect slab that you desire for your space. The color patterns are consistent and would not change or fade over any period of time.
- Maintenance: It is much easier for quartz since the material does not require sealing that is needed in natural stone surfaces. Quartz is very hygienic and easy to clean.
If you are in search of a possible renovation project for your residential or commercial space, Quartz would be one of the best choices available for number of reasons. You can have almost any effect that you desire with quartz at a lower cost.
You can find the best quartz for your taste at Terra Granite. As one of the leading quartz supplier in Houston, please feel free to visit our website at www.terragranite.com or showroom for more options available for you.
#QuartzSlabs #Slab #Tile #Renovation #Houston #TerraGranite #porcelain #granite #travertine #Quartz #Quartzite #kitchen #countertops #stone #remodel #naturalstone #design #marble #modern