Before renovating the kitchen, there are many things to consider. One of these issues involves the kind of countertops you want. You can choose from a variety of options, from granite to stainless steel. Some of these countertops are preferred by large families and chefs because they are beautiful and durable, and their maintenance costs are very low. If you want a low cost maintenance countertop, you can give Terra Granite soapstone countertops a try.
Soapstone is a natural quarried stone that gets its name from the soft, soapy feel of the surface. This metamorphic stone has talc in it, which gives it a very smooth feeling. Soapstone comes in two grades: artistic and architectural. These two grades are differentiated by how much talc is present in each, with artistic grade having more talc than architectural. The architectural grade is better for countertops, since the lower talc content makes it a more durable surface.
Soapstone, named after its soft and soapy structure, can be found in 2 categories: Artistic and architectural. These two categories are determined by how much talc is on the stone. The stones of the artistic category have more talc than the stones of the architectural category. Since the low-talc surfaces are more durable, the architectural category stones are more preferred for use on the counter.
Advantages of Soapstone Countertops
There are many reasons why Soapstone can be used as a countertop. Let’s examine some of these:
1. Soapstone is very dense and non-porous. Because of these properties, the non-staining soapstone is preferred by many famous chefs. Don’t worry about pouring a glass of wine or soup on your countertop while cooking in a hurry because soapstone does not hold any stains. In addition, if water accumulates on it, soapstone will return to its own color when it becomes dry.
2. Soapstone is non-porous so it does not hold stain on them, so they do not need to be sealed for protection. Non-sealing process reduces maintenance costs and makes soapstone an environmentally friendly countertop choice.
3. Another benefit of soapstone countertops is that acidic materials will not harm these stones. This way, you can use cleaning products on soapstone which you should avoid while cleaning other natural stones.
4. Soapstone countertops are heat resistant thanks to their density. Soapstone is so dense that it makes it a great conductor and you can put your hot pans directly on the countertop surface without any damage on the counter. Heat resistance is one of the most important reasons why it is preferred for many cookers who cook a lot.
Disadvantages of Soapstone Countertops
Each selection will have advantageous aspects as well as disadvantageous aspects. Now let’s examine the disadvantages of choosing soapstone countertops:
1. Soapstone is extracted from small quarries as small slabs. Therefore, it is quite difficult to use on countertops longer than seven feet. If you still want to use it, you will have a countertop after combining a few pieces, but you’ll end up with several pieces and several visible seams.
2. There is not much color choice for soapstone countertops so you cannot catch the color harmony in your kitchen. You can find soapstone in gray with only a few blue or green tones.
3. Unfortunately, soapstone will naturally darken after a while. Therefore, when a light soapstone countertop becomes darker after a while, it will no longer be the stone of your choice, so choosing the light ones will not be very healthy.
Terra Granite Provides Quality Soapstone in Houston
Would you like to make your kitchen fascinating with a wonderful soapstone countertop? Come to our showroom in Houston and let our expert staff help you find the right stone for your kitchen. Contact us today for more information.
#Quartzslab #slab #countertop #tile #Renovation #Houston #TerraGranite #Exoticgranite #porcelain #soapstones #granite #granitesupplier #marble #travertine #Quartz #Quartzite #kitchen #countertops #stone #remodel #naturalstone #design #marble #modern #Houston #granitehouston